Strategy guru Michael Porter says the essence of strategy is deciding what you won’t do. This is one of the core principles I teach my clients. They learn to focus on their priorities and to gracefully say “no” to other things, so that they can reach their goals without burning out.
I’m taking my own advice on that this week, so no video from me today. Instead, I’m offering up some links, below, to a few earlier blogs that seem to fit the times.
In the meantime, here’s what I’m focusing on:
In order to provide even better service to everyone on this list, I am upgrading my email systems. There are a lot of moving parts to manage in the transition, but I’m really excited about the end state and what it will make possible!
Here’s what you need to do
1. Get added to the new list
- If it’s been a while since you’ve opened or clicked on a message, you’ll get some emails from me asking you to opt-in again.
- Please be sure to respond (clicking the opt-in button) if you want to continue to receive the leadership and career tips and stories I’m sending out.
- If you’ve just joined the mailing list, or have responded in the past couple of months, your contact information will be automatically shifted to the new system.
2. White list my new address
- Going forward, these emails will come from Alida.Zweidler-McKay@zmcoach.com. Go ahead and add this to your contacts now, so that you don’t miss these messages.
I’m also upgrading my coaching programs to a new platform. I am so excited about this! My clients are already experiencing life-changing transformation through our work together. Now they’ll have an even more robust system supporting them to reach their goals. I’m so pleased to be able to provide this additional level of customer service to my amazing clients!
On the personal front, in addition to these tech changes in my business, my teenager is now back in school full time, and back to daily sports practice. It’s a very welcome change! However, even great changes require some adjustment, and we’re in the midst of that right now.
To make room for all of these transitions, I’ll be taking the next couple of weeks off from creating new videos and blogs.
I invite you to do some reflecting of your own: Are there transitions you’re experiencing right now – maybe going back to the office, or helping family members adjust to new situations – that might be taking up some of your mental and emotional bandwidth? Anything you could put on hold or stop doing to make room for that?
Here are a few articles from the archives that you might find useful as you think this through:
The Real Reason You’re Suffering as a Middle Manager
You Don’t Need to Quit Your Day Job to Find Your Purpose
You Owe it to Your Company to do Work You Love
Here’s wishing you all the best as you also focus on what matters most to you in the weeks ahead!